Wednesday, October 14, 2009

keeping you posted

I love reading my friends blogs and keeping up with their lives. As we get older and are all across the nation/ world, it’s so hard to stay in touch on a daily/ weekly basis. There have been so many exciting changes inside me lately. I’ve always been really bad with change, but this is good change. It is amazing change, actually.

As many of you know, I recently moved and started third year of med school. For a while, I wasn’t sure why I was in medicine anymore. The road seemed long and never ending. I forgot why I came in. It was so easy to lose perspective when all you do is go to lecture and study. All the time. And I mean all the time. I’m not really one that likes school. But who does??

In a short 3 months of being in the hospital and seeing patients, God has reminded me that this is what I’ve been called to do. The motivation to do well has nothing to do with making good grades or doing well in school. It is just about loving people and caring about them. I knew that I wanted to go into medicine so I could help people, but you realize when you’re in the room with a patient that what you do and say really changes their lives. God has blessed me with this opportunity to love everyone around me.

This is just a snippet of things that have been going on inside me. I’ve met some incredible people and grown so much. More to come, friends…

No comments: